Position: Account Manager / Event Coordinator
We are seeking a motivated, passionate, self-starting and results-oriented, professional to join our team. The
ideal candidate has experience in special event operations and destination management, as well as, dealing with
all levels of clients. Successful candidates are able to multi-task, enjoy working under pressure, and problem solve. Creative
solutions are appreciated! Flexibility and a sense of humor are essential.
The Account Manager / Event Coordinator position serves as a lead on varying sized events, managing all aspects of the event without regular supervision and may serve as a second on larger events. This position will maintain client contact working both independently or through the event lead.
- Research, cost and write proposals
- Oversee assigned client / hotel accounts and program management
- Identify and monitor opportunities to expand current accounts
- Assist and manage site selection process including hotels, venues, vendors
- Meet with clients for site inspections
- Operate programs from beginning to end, including onsite. The nature of our industry requires working nights and weekends locally and beyond. There will be some travel involved.
- Manage contract and billing for clients as well as vendors
- Interact with clients via phone / email, and in person
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively performs work assigned by senior event staff (Event Managers and above) in a timely and accurate manner and supervises and delegates work to Event Coordinators and Assistants, contractors, and co-workers as needed.
- Supervises client communication and meeting management, including communicating with the client on a regular basis, drafting meeting agendas and running client and internal meetings.
- Manage Capers documents for events to include proposals, contracts, manifests, show flows, transportation plans, venue documents, diagrams and final billing.
- Meet with members of event team on a regular basis to discuss progress, challenges and solutions.
- Establish good relations with vendors and works with vendors in securing needed materials on time, within budget and meeting requested specifications.
- Seek out creative elements, new vendors and theme ideas to enhance our offerings to customers.
- Able to effectively delegate to staff above and below this position.
- Maintains clear communication with manager and/or client, regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Able to share experiences, challenges and solutions to benefit other team members and treating all proprietary information as confidential.
- Actively participate in weekly staff and department meetings, and able to lead training sessions as required.
- Follows established policies and procedures for appearance, timeliness and safety.
- Attains a thorough knowledge of CAPERS Events’ operating procedures and the overall operation of the company.
- Ability to work independently on assigned on projects and proactively seeks clarification when needed.